Kansas Antique Tags / Classic Vehicles House Bill #2165
Kansas House Bill # 2165 , This is to support the changes of the existing Kansas Antique Tag law and replace it with the purposed House Bill.
The State of Kansas has changed the rules of Antique Tags and what constitutes an " Antique Vehicle". Below is a document of the rules for an Antique Tag and with these new rules 90% of the Tags placed are in violation.
Information about the existing law:
- Vehicle have to be 35 years or older
- NOTE: Just because the vehicle “year” on the title or bill of sale indicates the model year is 35 years old or older does not in and of itself make the vehicle an antique. You must ask questions if the vehicle has been modified, newer motor, transmission, etc.
- An antique vehicle is any vehicle that is thirty-five (35) years old or older, propelled by a motor using petroleum fuel, steam or electricity or combination thereof. Owners of such vehicles may be issued a Kansas certificate of title with the words "Antique" on the face of the title.
- The Vehicle Must Be Full Original or Complete Original As
- Original Motor , Transmission , Body , Frame and Tire and Wheels .
- To qualify as an antique the vehicle must be as close to the original as possible, without any significant alternations to the major component parts (motor, transmission, frame, wheels AND tires or body). Replacement motors and/or major component parts1 must be of the same vintage2 as the model year of the antique vehicle.
- Modifying or installing a newer and/or different style of motor and/or transmission into a vehicle with a model year that is 35 years old or older would not constitute an antique vehicle. This includes, but is not limited to, mounting tires and wheels which are not the same size or the modern-day equivalent as those installed by the manufacturer for that model year vehicle.
- EXAMPLE : A major difference would be, but not be limited to, a 1951 model that was not manufactured with a V-8 motor but the same model manufactured in 1953 had V-8’s. The 1953 V-8 could not be installed in the 1951 and maintain antique status.
Information On Purposed Changes:The Antique Vehicle
Original Motor , Transmission , Body , Frame and Tire and Wheels .
(a) "Antique" means any vehicle, including an antique military vehicle, more than 35 years old, propelled by a motor using petroleum fuel, steam or electricity or any combination thereof regardless of the type or age of the components or equipment installed on the vehicle.
- Vehicle Tag Inpounded
- Vehicle Impounded
- Vehicle Flagged
- Ticketing and Up To Drivers Driving Privileges Revoked
- Vehicle Insurance Cancelled ( Because of Freud )
- Possible Vehicle ReTitled or Additional Fines
We Need Your Help in Fighting The State of Kansas On Saving Our Antique Tags and Vehicles.