RACIAL EQUALITY AND SOCIAL JUSTICE
Mission & Vision
Racial Justice - We support social, economic and educational equality, as well as political and legal access for all people, pledging to dismantle systemic racism, bigotry and racist violence that threatens the lives and opportunities of black and brown people living in the US today.
This is a subgroup of the Woman's March Florida, that is focused on racial equality and social justice. Our focus will be to bring to the forefront, those issues directly impacting under represented ethnicity's & religions. We will work to close the social divide that is deep and dark today, by being the light that can raise up all Americans. Those participating in this group will be asked to identify their key strengths that they are able to lend to the successful movement of these issues.
TOP 4 AREAS OF FOCUS:
1. Bridging the divide in our community
- Breaking down stereotypes and building up relationships
2. Economic Empowerment of minority communities
- Equalizing the wealth gap
3. Increasing diversity within local government
- Training on how to run for office "Getting Ready to Run"
4. Holding local leadership accountable
- Speaking up and Speaking out!
ISSUES OF CONCERN:
1. Race/Ethnic relations & safety in our communities
2. Access to quality education
3. Community policing practices
4. Economic equality & empowerment of minorities
5. Representation in government
6. Being heard locally, statewide and nationally
A little or lot, give what you can. It is the collective momentum of the community that will move us forward. We are progressives because our past does not define our future. Tomorrow affords us the opportunity to be better than today. ~ Neila
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK