Help Protect Umstead State Park & Call for DEQ to Deny the New Rock Quarry Mining Application
Please help us stop the proposed new RDU Quarry next to Umstead State Park.
The Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) must deny the mining permit application due to significant environmental harm caused to Umstead State Park, recreational users, and homeowners along Old Reedy Creek Road.
On the next page,
- If you are using PC: scroll to the text box at the bottom right of the web page to write your comments.
- If you are using mobile phone: the text box is located directly below the list of officials whom your comment will be sent to.
See next page for writing tips. Also check out the following links for more information:
- How Wake Stone reneged on the Sunset Clause to allow themselves to mine indefinitely next to Umstead State Park: (Link here)
- Basic facts about the RDU Wake Stone Quarry issue: (Link here)
- Learn how a new quarry will have long-lasting environmental and health damages for the park, the wildlife, and the people. (Link here)
Your comments will be sent as an email to the offices of DEQ, Governor Cooper and all local elected officials in Durham and Wake County and the Cities of Raleigh and Durham.
You can find more details at: StopRDUQuarry.com