Ask Your State Representatives to Help NJCU
In order to continue serving our community by providing educational opportunities to everyone --- regardless of economic circumstances or background --- NJCU needs more financial support from our state. Please add your name now to tell state leaders that NJCU is essential and must be given the funding it needs to remain open.
Truly Equal Access to Education:
Recognized as one of the top colleges in the nation improving students’ upward economic mobility
The oldest minority and Hispanic-serving institution in the state, serving thousands of first-generation students
NJCU’s undergraduate population is 45% Latino, 21% Black, and 54% first generation
The median household annual income of NJCU’s students is $42,000. This is the lowest of New Jersey’s four-year public colleges by a considerable margin
NJCU Gives Back to Hudson County and Nearby Communities:
Partnering with the New Jersey Economic Development Authority to advance New Jersey’s leadership in emerging technologies through the FinTech and Sports Wagering Innovation Center
NJCU is the first public university in the state to sign an agreement with its local Building Trades Union to provide internships to its students and ensure that all university construction projects that exceed $5 million be completed by union labor
Providing pre-college educational opportunities through programs like GEAR UP and Proyecto Science
Partnering with TheDream.US, the nation’s largest college and career success program for undocumented immigrant students to provide scholarships and educational support
- Enter the required fields, and select the "Start Writing" button.
- The system will locate your local representatives based on your address.
- Below the list of representatives, you will see a section for your letter.
- To make things easier, we've provided a message for you, but if you have time, we encourage you to edit it and share the reasons NJCU is important to you.
- The letter will be distributed to ALL of the representatives listed.
- If you edit the letter, do not change "Dear [NAME]" at the top or "[YOUR NAME]" at the bottom.
- When you select the "Send Letter" button, the software will automatically insert the name of the representatives in the greeting and your name in the closing.