Urge your state legislators to co-sponsor workers' rights bills in Virginia
Workers deserve more rights
We live in a culture where corporations simply have too much power. Currently, they can:
- Ask us to sign away our rights
- Push us out of our jobs for any reason or no reason
- Work while grieving a loved one
- Check our credit in the hiring process
- Fail to conduct investigations for reports of sexual harassment
- Discriminate against those suffering from domestic violence
- Retaliate against injured workers
- Make it difficult for us to leave toxic workplaces when our healthcare is tied to our jobs
- Silence us when we've been abused
- Pay some workers below minimum wage
- Not grant sufficient sick leave amid COVID-19
- Conduct abusive scheduling practices
- Avoid accountability for discrimination through wages and promotions
- Steal wages
- Block public employees from striking
- Ask about our desired salary ranges, which has a discriminatory impact
- Verbally abuse and sabotage workers with zero accountability
We can change this toxic culture for workers through by passing these bills into law:
Credit reports, HB2116
This bill will restrict the use of credit reports in employment.
Nondisclosure agreements, HB1895
This bill will ban requirements of nondisclosure agreements.
Paid family leave, HB1988
This bill will provide paid parental and family leave at 80% of the employee's average weekly wage for 12 weeks.
Pay disclosure, SB1136
The bill will prohibit employers from asking prospective employees for their wage and salary histories.