Sign this petition to support the 2019 People’s Budget!
Since Donald Trump took office, he and the GOP Congress have rammed through massive tax cuts costing $2 trillion that mostly benefit billionaires like himself and big corporations by selling out the American people and robbing us of our fair share. Moreover, Trump and Republicans in Congress have put forth budgets that will slash Medicare, Medicaid, education and other critical services working families depend on and our economy needs to thrive.
The Congressional Progressive Caucus has once again offered a completely different vision for America, a People’s Budget that puts workers and everyday families first!The 2019 People's Budget offers numerous public benefits to:
- Invest $2 trillion in America’s crumbling infrastructure, promote job growth and sustainability.
- Endorse comprehensive immigration reform and oppose immigration bans on Muslims and refugees.
- Invest $1 trillion to ensure that families will not have to pay more than 7% of their income for child care, and expand pre-K for young children.
- Offer support for college students with a federal matching program that brings down costs and increases student aid.
- Strengthen the Affordable Care Act while pushing towards a single payer universal coverage system.
- Expand Social Security to address the nation's looming retirement income crisis and to ensure that every American can retire with security and dignity.
- Address climate change and invest in a clean energy economy that supports green jobs and fair wages.
- Prioritize pathways out of poverty with a bold national strategy to reduce poverty in half in ten years and a $12 billion investment to end family homelessness.
- Close tax loopholes and tackle inequality through a fair tax system for all Americans, leveling the playing field for working people.
- Protect the right to vote and support criminal justice reforms to strengthen public safety and avoid over-criminalization.
- Prioritize veterans by increasing funding and support for vital services for all veterans, addressing homelessness, expanding access to mental health care, and investing in job training opportunities.
- The People’s Budget increases funding for diplomacy, sustainable development, and humanitarian assistance to address the ongoing crises around the world. The People’s Budget eliminates the Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO) altogether and saves $797 billion over 10 years compared to current law. Additional reforms include reducing the arsenal of nuclear delivery systems and warheads, blocking the dangerous elements in President Trump’s Nuclear Posture Review (NPR).
Sign this petition to support The People’s Budget and a progressive path forward that is fair for all Americans!
American Friends Service Committee
Americans for Tax Fairness
Coalition on Human Needs
Congressional Progressive Caucus Center
EPI Policy Center
Massachusetts Peace Action
National Priorities Project
People Demanding Action
Progressive Caucus Action Fund
Progressive Democrats of America
Rashida Tlaib for Congress
Save Our Homes
Social Security Works
From: [Your Name]
The Congressional Progressive Caucus’ People’s Budget has my full support. We demand a budget that puts the American people first, not billionaires and big corporations.