Unity Breaks AUG 9
No events were found. Adjust your search options and try again.
Fair Pay and Affordable Healthcare Day of Action!
State employees cannot move forward together when we continue to fall behind economically.
87% of state employees are behind market rate
We need fair pay and affordable healthcare now! It's time to close the gap on pay for state employees.
On AUG 9 — #RiseUp and take action for #FairPay and #AffordableHealthcare — contracts that improve our communities and ensure a stable workforce.
Join one of the statewide workplace Unity Breaks to show our strength for fair pay & affordable healthcare.
From our 7/11/18 GG Bargaining Update:
The revolving door of state service has not stopped. Workloads are ever increasing from 30% state employee turnover in the last 3 years.
At the same time, population growth is estimated to be 200,000 during the life of the 2019-21 agreement. Under Office of Financial Managements’ previous, stringent rules, this is enough to justify recruitment & retention increases for all members.
The result of this is more and more new and potentially untrained workers with ever increasing workloads. In fact, 36% of the workforce are in their first 5 years of employment.
Since 2008 the cost of living has risen 19.46%. It is projected to increase another 14.2% over the course of the next few years (2018-’23).
Total cost of living increase of 33.66% are needed from 2008-2023. Since 2008 state wages have increased 12.8%, over 20% short of the projected cost of living in Washington state.
We must stand together and take actions to achieve fair pay. Let’s seize this real opportunity to stand together united to sustain our families and the communities we serve.
MEDIA CONTACT: Greg Devereux, Executive Director at 800-562-6002
On AUG 9:
- Take photos of co-workers
- Take photos of yourself and co-workers holding signs and wearing AFSCME GREEN.
- Create a message about the issue most important to your worksite, participants. Include why the work you/your agency does is a critical public service.
- Send photos to WEBSITE@wfse.org along with your message (above).
- Post your photos to your Facebook or Twitter with hashtags #Union #StrongerTogether and mention us (@WFSEc28) and the Governor (@WAstateGOV). If you add to Instagram, use the same hashtags and mention us #WFSE.org, #GovInslee.
Questions? Contact Sean Dannen at email@example.com
Need to order signs for your worksite unity break? Contact the MCC at 833-622-9373 or MCC@wfse.org
- Union Member Equals Fair Pay (back side = 100% Union)
- Union Member Equals Healthcare (back side = 100% Union)
- Union Member Equals Retirement (back side = 100% Union)
- Union Member Equals BLANK - add your own issue/message (back side = 100% Union)
- I'm Sticking with the Union (11x17 single-sided)