September 14th: 1st Spokescouncil Meeting for Sept 25 Action
Please join us for the first Action Spokescouncil* called for by the Climate Justice SF coalition (Idle No More SF Bay, The Society of Fearless Grandmothers, Extinction Rebellion SF Bay, Diablo Rising Tide and the 1000 Grandmothers Bay Area.)
WHEN: Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 3 PM – 6 PM
*For Spokescouncils, we are encouraging groups, organizations and individuals to organize affinity groups (AG) and send spokespeople who represent affinity groups or clusters of affinity groups. These will be the ‘empowered’ representatives who represent and are responsible for consulting others in their AG or cluster for input and decisions.
- We're also trying to track affinity groups, so if you can register your group, please do so here.
- If you are still without a group and want to find one, please fill out this form.
For more INFO go to climatejusticesf.org or email email@example.com
Here’s some prep for Saturday's meeting—please, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any suggestions, requests, or questions:
Spokes Council Purpose-To assess and coordinate coverage with eye to possible expansion & synergies to be further developed at 9/22 Spokes Council; start the use of horizontal spoke council model and consensus decision making, including role of reps-speak for AG and take info back to AG
We ask that Affinity Group representatives (1 or 2 from each AG) come prepared to share the following:
1. AG name, affinity (what you have in common), name of reps, how many members, are you open to new members;
2. Location(s) your AG is interested in (can also be undecided, existing main 4 locations or expansion, roving or single focused or mixed, open to changing);
3. What type of action—one or more of the following?: building blockade, street blockade, mural, performance, support, other;
4. Roles & estimate of #s for each role you have now and might have by Sept. 25 (arrestables, support, legal observer, de-escalator/support, etc.);
5. Offerings, requests and questions for other AGs.
**Please note that on Saturday, the meeting will start at 3pm with an hour or so of general action information, affinity group formation (you’ll have a chance to invite others if your AG is interested in new members), and THEN the spokes council will actually start no later than 4:30. The legal team will also be in attendance to report on what they will be doing on Sept. 25th.
Thank you for your part in this! Solidarity for Climate Justice!