Share Your Story: Why We Need the Right to Recover
The devastating impact of the coronavirus pandemic has already put people out of work, exposed us to deadly infection, and cut us off from vital benefits like healthcare and child care. That number will only rise in the months to come.
The Right to Recovery campaign is fighting for the essential protections we need: paid emergency leave, a moratorium on evictions and utility shut-offs, medical debt forgiveness, weekly cash payments, an immediate end to dangerous carceral living situations such as migrant detention camps and pre-trial detention, and more.
We want to know how the global pandemic is affecting YOU. Using the form at right, share your story of what's happened to you and your community as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Are you unable to make rent and facing eviction?
- Have you lost your job, had your hours cut, or been forced to come to work sick?
- Does you or someone you care for have a medical condition that puts them at greater risk? What have you had to take on to keep them safe?
- Have you had to avoid seeking medical treatment for fear of the cost?
- Are you unable to make mortgage payments and facing foreclosure?
Our stories are needed to make the case for a comprehensive Right to Recovery. Share them using the form at right.