CPD Action, along with our sister organization Center for Popular Democracy, works to create equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with high-impact base-building organizations, organizing alliances, and progressive unions. We work on campaigns that promote a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda and win victories to improve people’s lives.
WHAT WE'RE FIGHTING FOR:
- A voice in our economy
- We believe that all workers deserve living wages and safe, sustaining jobs that provide the dignity of work, as well as access to leisure and rest.
- We believe the playing field between the top 1% and the rest of us must be leveled and Big Banks must be held responsible for predatory practices that have forced millions into debt.
- A voice in our democracy
- We believe that full citizenship ensures that immigrants, the formerly incarcerated, women, and LGBTQ individuals and they should have access to the full benefits and privileges of citizenship.
- A voice in our society
- We believe in building the power of low-income workers, people of color, and immigrants to win campaigns that impact our daily lives.
- We believe all Americans regardless of race, class, and status are entitled to a voice and a democracy from being able to speak out in the workplace without retribution to expanding voting rights to ending unfair policing practices.