Ohio Representatives: Please Make Voting Safe & Simple in November
Ohioans Want Safe and Simple Voting.
We cannot have another election like the primary in Ohio. Every Ohioan should feel secure in casting their vote, regardless of how they feel about COVID-19. We need our elected leaders to act now to ensure voting is safe and accessible this November. This is not a Democratic or Republican issue, this is about protecting Ohioans and our democracy.
By writing, you're letting your elected leaders know you believe Ohioans should have the option to vote-by-mail or vote in-person - safely and simply. Contact your lawmaker and tell them not to wait until the last minute to pass the following reforms:
- Fully fund a vote-by-mail system with postage paid for both applications and ballots
- Allow online absentee ballot requests
- Establish multiple early vote centers and secure drop boxes per county
- Provide sufficient funding to Boards of Elections for staffing, capital expenses and voter outreach
- Improve poll worker recruitment
Passing legislation for safe and accessible voting options is essential for our democracy.