Public Policy Actions
The Public Policy department works to seek social justice on behalf of Rosie’s Place guests. We work to achieve this goal through direct lobbying, coalition building and by empowering guests to be actively involved in civic life.
At Rosie’s Place, we don’t just educate our guests in the democratic process. We strive to engage and empower them through it.
- Dental Access - H.1916 Rep. Hogan | S.1215 Sen. Chandler
- Closing the SNAP Gap - H.1173 Rep. Livingstone | S.678 Sen. DiDomenico
- Rent Arrearage Assistance Program – H.1264 Rep. Decker
- Safe Place to Sleep - H.1265 Rep. Decker
Beyond our priorities, we work with various coalitions to advance intersectional issues important our community and beyond. Rosie’s Place has endorsed the following legislation:
- Breakfast after the Bell - S.267 Sen. DiDomenico | H.591 Rep. Vargas & Rep. Vega
- Eviction Record Sealing/HOMES Act - S. 824 Sen. Boncore | H. 3566 Rep. Moran
- Fair Share Amendment - S.16 Sen. Lewis | H.86 Rep. O’Day
- Homeless Bill of Rights - S.816 Sen. Rausch | H.1314 Rep. Pignatelli
- Immigrant Access to Higher Education - S.740 Sen. Chang-Díaz | H.1239 Rep. Provost
- Lift our Kids Out of Deep Poverty - S.36 Sen. DiDomenico | H.102 Rep. Decker
- Massachusetts Healthy Workplace - S.1072 Sen. Feeney
- Mass. ID for the Homeless - S.2043 Sen. Chandler | H.3066 Rep. Khan
- Right to Counsel - S.913 Sen. DiDomenico | H.3456 Rep. Tyler
- Safe Communities Act - S.1401 Sen. Eldridge | H.3573 Rep. Balser & Rep Miranda
- Work and Family Mobility Act - S.2061 Sen. Crighton | H.3012 Rep. Farley Bouvier & Rep. Barber
- Single Payer - S.683 Sen. Eldridge | H.1194 Rep. Garlick & Rep. Sabadosa
Budgets are more than just financial allocations, they are moral documents that tell society what we value and by how much. Rosie's Place works to advance budget line-items on housing and welfare:
- RAFT, MRVP, & EA Shelters – Today’s housing crisis is one of eviction and homelessness. We must protect funding for key housing programs and fight to increase funding to end housing insecurity and homelessness.
- SNAP/Health Incentives Program (HIP) & TAFDC – Access to enough support to purchase food and basic needs is essential to being healthy people. We must protect and increase funding for anti-poverty programs.